Pharmacology for Paramedics
This first UK edition provides a unique problem-based approach to ensure that you are prepared to effectively administer the drugs your patients need. Clinical scenarios present case information just as you will learn it in the classroom and encounter it in practice. By placing each drug in its relevant context, this text covers the essential drugs which you should be aware of as a paramedic as well as those drugs for which it might be useful to have a broader understanding. It teaches you to identify the proper drug for a specific patient in a specific situation. Chapters will be of interest to aspiring and practising paramedics as well as anyone wanting to understand more about emergency medication.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Alphabetised appendix of over 90 drugs used in prehospital care for quick identification at critical moments.
- Problem-oriented approaches to real scenarios encountered in practice.
- Step-by-step procedural descriptions of pharmacologic processes commonly performed in the prehospital setting.
- A Medication Maths chapter that strengthens your dosage-calculation skills.
- Legal Aspects and Risk Management coverage to help you avoid common mistakes made in prehospital care.
- Review questions that reinforce important chapter concepts and test your understanding.