Palliative and End of Life Care for Paramedics
Digging deep into the ethical and clinical aspects of working with palliative patients as a paramedic, this book is the go-to resource to enable you to act within the patient's best interests and provide the most appropriate and effective care.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Twenty-four case studiesÂ covering a range of relevant topics to help apply principles to your own practice
- Clinical information onÂ symptom controlÂ andÂ pain management
- Written specifically for paramedics, by a range of specialist authors
- Designated chapters on the role of the paramedic in palliative care,Â palliative care emergenciesÂ andÂ personal resilience
- Full-colourÂ diagrams throughout.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are all more aware of the importance of patient-centred palliative care; this book is full of tips and techniques to help you feel more confident in ensuring patients not only die â€˜well' but also live with dignity and comfort.
Note:Â Previous edition 9781859596715