BurnTec - hydrogel dressing for burns and skin injuries
BurnTecÂ®Â hydrogel dressing is different from other first aid dressings. Owing to its stable-sheeting hydrogel structure, the BurnTecÂ®Â dressing guarantees even coverage and distribution of cooling activity over the entire burn surface, even for the most extensive injuries.
In addition, the stable structure of the dressing also eliminates the risk of spilling or damaging the cooling hydrogel.
While using BurnTecÂ®Â hydrogel facial mask dressing, we can be 100% sure that the hydrogel does not get into the respiratory system, even if oxygen therapy is used.
BurnTecÂ®Â is widely used by medical rescue services, fire brigades and the army. They can also be used in medical care during sporting competitions. The dressing is often included in workplace first aid kits and it is appreciated by persons responsible for occupational health and safety.
- a durable hydrogel pad guarantees even covering over the whole affected area
- it cools the injured area and ensures a soothing effect for up to 24 hours
- it is absorbent, wound secretion and bacteria are kept within the gel
- it is permeable to water vapor and oxygen but impermeable to bacteria â€“ it helps protect woundsÂ from external contamination
- hydrogel ensures an optimally moist environment â€“ it accelerates the formation of epidermis
- immediate application of the dressing reduces the risk of scars
- it is soft and flexible â€“ it adheres well to the wound and adapts to the shape of the body
- it does not stick to the wound, so the dressing can be changed painlessly
- it is biocompatible and does not cause allergic reactions
BurnTecÂ®Â is a modern hydrogel dressing used in the following situations:
- first-, second- and third-degree burns (thermal, chemical, electric)
- abrasions and skin irritations
- bruises and swelling (insect bites)
- other skin injuries
A special version of the BurnTecÂ®Â dressing to market for the purposes of rescue military services. It is packed into khaki-coloured bag, the label has the same colours as well. At present our dressings are found on equipping tactical-rescue rucksacks of Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland, moreover they were present at the medical equipment in missions in Iraq.